Wendy T. Wallace, Artist.
Wendy Travis Wallace graduated from the University of North Carolina, Greensboro with a BFA in painting in 1975. Prior to this, she attended Washington University in St. Louis, MO and Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, NY. She was born in Ithaca, NY and grew-up in Nashville, TN in a loving, creative,church-going home environment. Her father, Earl B. Travis, was an engineer and her mother, his wife Phebe, was an artist.
She and her husband, Larry E. Wallace have lived in Greensboro, NC since they married in 1974. They approach life as a team. Although an artist, she has always done the books for their home and office and now participates in Larry’s insurance and financial services business and their student housing business. Wendy totally enjoyed helping Larry raise his previous four children and added one of their own. They are now thoroughly delighting in their grandchildren!
Wendy finds book-keeping and finance are finite and therefore relaxing, whereas art is limitless.
While creating The Life of Christ Series, she also completed numerous portraits, commissioned art, historical paintings and downtown community mural projects. She produced the staged presentation of The Life of Christ Celebration now called Celebrate One Solitary Life which opened to sell-out crowds at the historic Carolina Theatre in downtown Greensboro. This staged presentation of art, music, history, drama and dance is based on the paintings and manuscript in this book and provides the audience, and especially the participants with experiential learning of the life of Jesus!
Dr. James M. Efird, Author.
James Michael Efird, more familiarly known as Mickey, was born and raised in Kannapolis, NC. He received his Bachelor of Arts Degree from Davidson College in 1954. Mickey went on to complete his Masters of Divinity at Louisville Presbyterian Theological Seminary in 1958 and began teaching at the Duke Divinity School as a graduate student in 1958. In 1962, after completing his Ph.D. at Duke University he joined their faculty full-time and has taught Greek and Biblical studies to generations of students.
He is an ordained Presbyterian (USA) minister and has served for nearly 60 years as interim supply pastor for various churches. Committed to making the Bible understandable and properly understood for both pastors and laity alike, he has been extremely active in the Divinity School Lay Academy program and has taught in churches of many denominations throughout North Carolina, and also at the United Methodist Church's Course of Study Program from 1966 to 2014.
Mickey has written 14 books and more than 60 articles, many of which can be found in the Harper-Collins One Volume Bible Dictionary.
Christian Message through Art, a nonproﬁt 501(c)(3) organization, was established to assist in raising and distributing funds for the traveling exhibit of “The Life of Christ Series” and staged performances based on these paintings. This exhibit, consisting of 25 life-sized oil on canvas paintings, began its travels on December 31, 1999 and has inspired others to write poems, music and to choregraph liturgical dances. “The Life of Christ Series” traveled to various locations around the United States opening the week before Christmas 2000 at the Cannon House Ofiice Rotunda in Washington, D.C., celebrating the 2000th birthday of Jesus.
Below is a partial list of Mickey's publications:
• The New Testament Writings: History, Literature, and Interpretation• The Old Testament Writings: History, Literature, and Interpretation
• These Things Are Written: An Introduction to the Religious Ideas of the Bible
• Revelation for Today: An Apocalyptic Approach
• A Grammar for New Testament Greek
• End Times: Rapture, Antichrist and Millennium
• Efird Bible Study Series," Videos, Biblical Interpretation and Inspiration from a Master Teacher
From Wipf & Stock:
• Daniel and Revelation: A Study of Two Extraordinary Visions
• Jeremiah: Prophet Under Siege
• Biblical Books of Wisdom
• The Old Testament Prophets: Then and Now
• Christ, The Church, and The End: Studies in Colossians and Ephesians
From Westminster/John Knox Press:
• These Things are Written: A Study of the Religious Ideas of the Bible
• The New Testament Writings: History, Literature, and Interpretation
• The Old Testament Writings: History, Literature, and Interpretation
From Abingdon Press:
• How To Interpret the Bible
• Revelation For Today: An Apocalyptic Approach
• End Times: Rapture, Antichrist, and Millennium. (This was later revised and titled: Left Behind?
What the Bible Really Says About End Times: published by Smyth & Helwys)
• Marriage and Divorce: What the Bible Says
• A Grammar For New Testament Greek
Editor for two books from Abingdon in the What the Bible Says Series:
• Capital Punishment: What the Bible Says, by Dr. Lloyd R. Bailey, Sr.
• Life After Death: What the Bible Says, by Dr. Allen F. Page
46 articles in the Harper-Collins One Volume Dictionary of the Bible
Edited and contributed a chapter in the book:
The Use of the Old Testament in the New: Studies in Honor of William Franklin Stinespring
Format: Hardbound with paper jacket
Publisher: Tadorna Press (December, 2018)
Product Dimensions: 9.5 x 0.5 x 9.0 inches
Shipping Weight: 0.4 lbs.